Main Article Content
Recycled waste management, especially in the Giri Mulyo area, is still less than optimal. Giri Mulyo itself is a community village located in Karang Joang village, North Balikpapan sub-district. Most of the residents of Giri Mulyo work as farmers. Based on information from the surrounding community, there has been a decrease in agricultural yields since the covid-19 pandemic. The decrease in income and the increase in the price of fertilizers sold in the market have forced farmers to reduce the amount of fertilizer applied to their agriculture. Based on these problems, an alternative fertilizer that is more friendly to the pockets of farmers in the Giri Mulyo area is needed. So far, many local people have used food waste to make compost as an alternative to fertilizer. However, this method is considered to take a long time and cause unpleasant odors in their environment and also the durability of compost is still quite low. To overcome these problems, the local community needs to be given socialization about information on making organic fertilizer made from household waste, does not require a long time in the manufacturing process and has a high level of product durability. The basic material used is eggshell waste. Organic fertilizer made from eggshell waste contains a high amount of calcium so that it has a good impact on the maintenance of nutrients in the soil, in line with the increase in plant fertility. In addition to being used as a medium for making liquid organic fertilizer, we also provide training in making mosaic pre-works made from eggshell waste to increase the creativity of local residents. The community service activities began with a location survey and interviews with the partners, Giri Mulyo RT 22 residents and teachers of SDN 012 North Balikpapan, which is located in the same location. Next, socialization on recycling eggshell waste into more valuable products was conducted. The activity ended with the residents involved filling out a questionnaire regarding the community satisfaction survey of the activities carried out. The purpose of this activity is to provide knowledge and insight to the community about making liquid organic fertilizer and mosaic artworks from eggshell waste.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
2. Nurjayanti, N., Zulfita, D., & Raharjo, D. (2019). Pemanfaatan Tepung Cangkang Telur sebagai Substitusi Kapur dan Kompos Keladi terhadap Pertumbuhan dan Hasil Cabai Merah pada Tanah Aluvial. Jurnal Sains Mahasiswa Pertanian Untan, Vol.1 No.1, 16–21.
3. Hincke, M. T., Nys, Y., Gautron, J., Mann, K., Rodriguez-Navarro, A. B., & McKee, M. D. (2020). The eggshell: structure, composition and mineralization. Frontiers in Bioscience (Landmark Edition), 17, 1266–1280.
4. Garcia-Garcia, G., Woolley, E., Rahimifard, S., Colwill, J., White, R., & Needham, L. (2019). A Methodology for Sustainable Management of Food Waste. Waste and Biomass Valorization, 8.
5. A.M. King ori. (2021). A Review of the Uses of Poultry Eggshells and Shell Membranes. In International Journal of Poultry Science (Vol. 10, pp. 908–912).
6. Mashfufah, Nurlita Hafni, (2018). Uji Potensi Pupuk Organik dari Bahan Cangkang Telur Untuk Pertumbuhan Tanaman Seledri (Apium Graveolens L.). Surakarta: FKIP Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta.
7. Zulfita, D. and Raharjo, D., (2019). Pemanfaatan Tepung Cangkang Telur Sebagai Substitusi Kapur dan Kompos Keladi terhadap Pertumbuhan dan Hasil Cabai Merah Pada Tanah Aluvial. Jurnal Sains Mahasiswa Pertanian, 1(1).
8. Rahim, N. A., Musi, M. A., & Rusmayadi, (2020). Pengaruh Kegiatan Mozaik Terhadap Kemampuan Motorik Halus Anak Pada Kelompok B Taman Kanak-Kanak Nusa Makassar. Jurnal Pemikiran dan Peneliian Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini (Vol. 6, No. 1).
9. Rahmayanti, F. D. (2020). Pemanfaatan Limbah Cangkang Telur Sebagai Pupuk Makro (Ca) Pada Tanaman Bawang Merah. AGRISIA Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu Pertanian, 12(2).
10. Diakses pada tanggal 01 juni 2023 https://dataindonesia.id/sektor-riil/detail/produksi-telur-ayam-petelur-capai-516-juta-ton-pada-(2021).
11. Hasibuan, S., Nugraha, R.,M., Kevin, A., Rumbata, N., Syahkila, Dhewanty A.S., Fadillah, F.,M., Kurniati, M., Trilanda, M., Afifah, N.S., Shafira, T. Pemanfaatan Limbah Cangkang Telur sebagai Pupuk Organik Cair di Kecamatan Rumbai Bukit, PRIMA: Journal of Community Empowering and Services. 5(2), 154-160, 2021. https://jurnal.uns.ac.id/prima/issue/view/3821